CCK first made its presence known in Kuching on 21st March 1981 with a rented 3-storey shoplot at Lot 112 Jalan Padungan. With a 30 metric ton capacity coldroom, an office, staff quarters and 4 employees, CCK's principal activity at the time was providing HALAL food products to army rations.
In 1985, whilst still maintaining operations in Jalan Padungan, a chicken abattoir, store and trading department were set up on purchased land at Lots 1054-1056 Jalan Swasta, Pending. This is when CCK expanded its principal activities to slaughtering and processing and distribution of poultry and coldstorage products. The abattoir had a capacity of 300 birds per day and all slaughtered chickens were for the Sibu markets and Kuching rations operations. It was during this time that plans for a continuous self supply of chicken for the abattoir were hatched.
Hence, began a long-standing relationship with the Chong's family and the formation of Poultry Industry (S) Sdn Bhd. In 1988, Zhang Agriculture Development Sdn Bhd was incorporated to further boost the self supply of chicken for the abattoir. CCK's operations in Kuching expanded with the opening of its first retail store at Jalan P. Ramlee.
The current Kuching headquarters of CCK on Lot 999 Jalan Keluli Bintawa Industrial Estate was completed in 1995. Today, with a 2000 metric ton coldroom, an abattoir with a capacity of 4,000 birds per hour, six (6) retail stores and two (2) trading departments and supported by 260 staff, CCK is the leading supplier of fresh chicken and frozen products in Kuching. In addition, CCK's abattoir is the only poultry abattoir in Sarawak with a HACCP certification from the Malaysian Government, thus poised to supply both domestic and international consumers with good wholesome chicken meat economically.